The Bohall Family

The Bohall Family
Instagram

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Not one ounce of me will ever regret it!


While spending time with my Mama today many topics came up in conversation. One topic in particular has had me reflecting on my parenting all day. Sure everyone's parenting is different but if you are a parent or are a person who plans to parent and has a specific idea about how you plan to do so then you are probably well aware that not every one will agree with your techniques. This being so in my case. I am currently laying in bed with my ever so sweet, soundly sleeping two year old beside me and my 10 month old in her crib right beside my bed, within arms reach. Many disagree, and that's ok. But you know what? This is what works for us. I'm not a "cry it out" kind of mom. Matter of fact, my children rarely cry for more than 2 minutes without me coming to the rescue. Here's my reasoning (not that I need one) as to why this works for us and I don't hold to them sleeping in their own rooms. One day, not so far away, more like in the blink of an eye, that sweet, soundly sleeping little boy is going to be all grown up and out and about with buddies when it's time to be tucked into bed. That baby within arms reach is going to be across the hall too busy on her cell phone to even realize I said goodnight and I for one don't want to be the old Mama laying down in bed with a single ounce of me regretting the time I got to lay with them in my arms when they were babies! Have you ever heard a Mom with grown children say she regretted all those times her babies climbed up in bed with her? I would about bet not. Just as I have never heard a Mom with grown children say she regretted rocking her children to sleep. I hear the argument that children will never want to leave if you let them sleep with you. My response to that is, if I have a 16 year old son that still wants to sleep with his Mama than we have a far bigger problem anyways. I don't see that being a problem for long and I about bet that they will willingly find themselves leaving my bed before jr.high lol! 
For now this is how we do. You do you. You do what works for your family. You rock those babies to sleep without an ounce of regret. Time is all we have, and not very much of it. I will snuggle my babies so long as they will let and not a single ounce of me will regret it!

Ps. Thank you to my Mama who rocked me to sleep so many years ago. I think I turned out just fine.😉😘 Love you!

Xoxo- S & E's Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment