The Bohall Family

The Bohall Family
Instagram

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Then Comes BABY! Hospital Packing List

Whether you are packing for your first or third child, it can be an exciting yet over whelming task! Between the anticipation and hormones, your mind can be swirling in 500 different directions. When packing for my first little, like most I assume, I over packed! Now, I had it in my mind that I wouldn't allow myself to over pack at the time, not wanting to be "that" first time momma, but yet somehow I still had more than enough and way more than I actually needed! This time I decided to take yet an even lighter approach to my packing and here is what I came up with...



CHECKLIST FOR BABY:
•Boppy Pillow
•6 Outfits (Complete with a matching bow of course!😁)

•3 Burp Clothes
•Nursing Cover (Although I will note, the first days of nursing can be difficult and if my second is anything like my first, we will not master the cover for a few weeks!)
•Swaddle Blankets (I didn't pack any blankets with my first little because obviously the hospital provides them however, this one being a girl I felt it necessary to coordinate a few blankets with her outfits. So completely unnecessary but I am just including everything I packed.☺️)
•Car Seat (This is an obvious one but thought I'd throw it in there lol)

FOR MOMMA:
•3 Outfits- All include a nursing tank, lose fitting soft pants, and a pull over! 



Tips for choosing your post prego outfits:
1. For the most part, the belly you walked in with, you will also walk out with! Unfortunately unless you are gifted from God in which most of us are not, you will need to wear maternity clothing for a least a few days after baby makes his/her appearance!
2. I prefer to wear lose fitting pants that are not tight around the waste or butt. Keep in mind that you will be sporting those sexy little mesh undies and wearing a pad the size of an adult diaper! If you are attempting to wear cute and tight leggings, chances are it will be obvious that your rear is lumpy from that sweet diaper like pad!😉
3. I personally prefer darker bottoms! White bottoms and bleeding like a stuck pig...you do the math!😖 #couldbeserious
4. Nursing tanks are AMAZING!! I did pack two nursing bras however, chances are I will not wear them until the day I come home. And then I wanted an option! Tanks make it much easier especially if you have visitors in the room and you are trying to nurse and attempting to contain your mushy belly rolls! The tank offers full coverage while feeding baby...and makes momma feel much much more comfy!
5. Although hospitals are typically chilly, your hormones will be wack in the first couple of weeks after delivery. This can cause crazy tempature chances in your body, one second cutting glass with your nips and the next wanting to strip naked and lay under a fan! Pack accordingly! I prefer the pull overs so I can take my top layer off and wear only the tank if need be!




• FLIP FLOPS! Yes I'm sure they clean the showers and floors throughly, but this girl isn't taking taking any chances! Whatever is coming out of you, is also coming out of everyone else! And everyone else's hygien may not be handled quite the same as yours! 😳 For the love, don't forget the flip flops!


•Lotion- I failed to pack lotion the first time around and found it to be a huge mistake. After deflating my belly, I found it to be extremely itchy! Hoping the lotion takes care of that issue this time around!

•Make Up- It seems that some people have the impression that all new mommas should look like sh*t after giving birth. Well folks, you don't have to! If you are feeling good why not look good?!


•Tooth Brush/ Tooth Paste
•Deoderant
•Hair Brush
•Hair Dryer/Straightener- Again you may not feel like straightening your hair but then again you may want to!
•Hair Ties/Headbands
•Q tips
•Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash
•Hairspray
•Razor
•Chapstick
•Pads- The hospital provides mesh undies, pads, and the beloved swuirt bottle for cleaning however, you may want a different or smaller pad. I packed several of my favs from when I arrived home so that I could be the most comfortable possible!
•Nursing pads! This is a big one! I forgot these the first time around and had to purchase some from the hospital which probably cost me 2x what they should have!
•Phone Charger
•Prenatal Vitamins-If nursing, you will want to continue to take them.

And here we are all packed up and ready to welcome the newest baby Bohall into the family!


Good luck on your packing and congrats on your new bundle of joy! 

Blessings-Ashley




No comments:

Post a Comment