The Bohall Family

The Bohall Family
Instagram

Sunday, August 23, 2015

I'm his #1 fan.


He will never know how much I love him behind all the chaos of life, the diaper changes, the daily rushing here to there, the dinners with no conversation other than "eat your food", "sit in your chair", and "don't throw your food on the floor"! We go through life every day sometimes seeming as if we are only going through the motions without actually taking the time to enjoy what a wonderful life we have made with one another. Nothing says welcome home like the house smells like ass, the dog is out of water, and I haven't brushed my teeth all day but clearly the kids are alive and I'm ready for a drink and oh while I'm at it, I'll bitch a little bit to you since your here to listen! 

I find myself getting so wrapped up in my daily chores as a mother that I often forget to be his wife. This reality of my relationship is sad but true and it pains me to admit it. Recently I have found myself allowing my aggravated emotions of not being able to get it all done in a days time to play out as soon as my beloved husband walks through the door. Being a Momma is no easy job as any Mom knows but allowing a days worth of spilled froot loops and terrible 2 attitudes to open like a flood gate on my husband as soon as he comes home is not the way to express myself I'm finding.

I'm obviously not writing this just to let everyone know what a lousy wife I am but maybe to explain how I plan to be a better one or perhaps to apologize for letting myself be dreadful daily. Well shit, honestly, in addition to that above, I reckon the reason I'm writing this is because today when I walked into our mudroom with thoughts of Monday on my mind, just a day away, I happen to look ever and see my husbands work boots sitting right there by the back door. When I saw those dirty old worn out work boots I was surprised with an overwhelming amount of appreciation for my husband. He doesn't hear often enough just how thankful I am for all his hard work and dedication to our family. He works hard to provide for our family while I am home living out my dream of caring for our children and making memories with them while they still need me. He wakes up every morning leaving for work while we all stay snuggling in bed. Yes, there are days where a piece of me wishes I were the one getting up to go to work but I am quickly reminded of the sacrifices we made before our children so that I could spend as much time with them as possible and I wouldn't change it for the world! We won't get these years back!

I am so grateful for the man I married almost 4 years ago, the life we have made, the beautiful children we raise, and the sacrifices he makes, and I should tell him more often how I am without a doubt his #1 fan! 

Xoxo-
Mrs. Daniel Bohall

No comments:

Post a Comment